Despite teething symptoms at four months old, Austin received his first tooth a month before he turned one. Just when I thought my child would be joining the dentures club, a little white tooth appeared. Everett wants to be just like big brother.
At Everett’s four-month well check, his pediatrician confirmed that he was indeed teething. Now, almost five months later, there are still no teeth. Not a single one. But, the signs are all there.
10 Signs your Kid is Teething
1. You begin referring to Sophie the Giraffe as your best friend.
2. Everything must go in his mouth – including your face.
3. Random people go out of their way to inform you that your baby is “obviously” teething.
4. Bibs are no longer just for spit up or mealtime, forcing us to either double our supply or double our laundry.
5. Sneak-attacking your hand is no longer a game. It is a mission.
6. You fear that sucking on his own fingers might actually result in a real bodily injury.
7. He reminds you he is teething every hour throughout the night.
8. You find yourself jamming your own fingers in his mouth multiple times a day, praying you’ll feel a tooth.
9. When you pull an item out of the diaper bag, 50 teething rings tumble out.
10. You carry Infant Tylenol with you… in a holster… attached to your pajamas.