I recently came across a link on Facebook with a photo montage of children crying and the absurd reasons causing the tears. I laughed because, like any other mother with toddlers in the house, we can relate. It’s been quite the emotional morning at our house so I give you our last five hours of why one or both of my children are crying…
* He woke up.
* I gave him the wrong cup.
* I said Yes.
* I said No.
* I looked at him.
* I wouldn’t let Everett eat an electrical plug currently in the wall.
* I wouldn’t let him climb the shutters.
* He doesn’t want to poop in the potty.
* He doesn’t want to wear pants.
* He wants to see Grambear, Nana, Kenneth, Grayson, Collier, Carson, along with every other person he has ever met in his life.
* Because I picked him up. Because I put him down.
* I wouldn’t let him cram his hand into my mouth.
* I wouldn’t let him eat my chapstick.
* Because the wall touched him.
* Because the clock said it was only 9 a.m. Oh wait. That was why Mommy was crying.
* Because I wouldn’t let Bambi go swimming IN the potty.
* Everett looked at Austin’s toys.
* Everett crawled near one of Austin’s toys.
* Everett tried to eat one of Austin’s toys.
* I dared to ask if he wanted to take a nap today.
* I put food on his plate.
* AND, his slippers that can go on either foot were on the “wrong” way.
Only seven hours until bedtime… Sheesh. I can only imagine what the afternoon will bring. I think it’s a two Sonic drink kinda day.